Homemade flour tortillas recipe from http://www.tasteofhome.com. These should be served warm.
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 6 enoki mushrooms, sliced lengthwise
• large bunch mature spinach (or substitute baby spinach), stems trimmed
• 1 medium onion, finely sliced
• 1 large clove garlic, minced
• 6 medium free range eggs, fried until white set and yolk still runny • 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
• 1/4 tsp cumin • salt & pepper to taste .
Serve with ‘The Best Homemade Guacamole’ (recipe coming to my blog soon), salad greens, pico de gallo and sour cream (optional)
Add the oil to a large frying pan and tip in the onions. Cook until softened but not browned, around 2-3 minutes. Add the crushed garlic and cook for a further minute. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until just soft (around 10 minutes). Add the spinach and cook until just wilted. .
Meanwhile, arrange your tortillas on a warmed plate and add the mushroom mixture, taking care to ensure that every tortilla has an equal serving of mushrooms and spinach. Top each taco with a fried egg. Best enjoyed topped with guacamole and other toppings (if desired), folded in half and eaten with your hands.